Let’s face it, we live in a highly litigious society—the IRS is not alone in its desire to get a piece of your hard-earned wealth. Any number of people may want to take assets away from you, your business or the people you love, as well as thwart your wishes with regard to how your money is used now and in the future. Examples include former spouses and their children, sons or daughters in law, former business associates, unscrupulous predators and creditors, and many more. Even some of the people you love the most may need to be protected from themselves, for instance, if they suffer from alcohol dependency or are too immature to handle a large amount of money on their own.
We can show you a number of ways to protect your assets for your enjoyment during your lifetime, and for the enjoyment of your heirs after you are gone. And if your wishes are ever challenged, we can vigorously defend them in court.
- Remarriage of a spouse after the client’s death
- A child or grandchild who seems unable to act responsibly
- Issues involving in-laws, particularly a child’s spouse “wasting” an inheritance
- Potential lawsuits and liability involving heirs
- Tax problems
- Physical or financial abuse of a surviving spouse by a loved one or care provider
We can help you with all of these asset protection issues and many more.